Tuesday, February 23, 2010

PINK EYE


So we are all good now, but the dreaded PINK EYE visited the last several weeks. My nephew had it, then Madi had it, then Jessi, then Sadie, then the twins, then me... UGH. Luckily I started the ointment/drops immediately. That is one very contagious and very unwelcome irritation!!! We are done putting drops in our eyes I think tomorrow. HURRAY! It is like torture pinning the little kids arms down and prying their eyes open to put those drops in. They screamed, they cried, they thrashed and tried their hardest to escape. It was torture for them and it was torture for us!

I tried a new (AND WONDERFUL) method yesterday... I lay each baby down and put a book over them so they had something to look at. While they were looking up at the book, I took aim and quickly dropped the medicine in their eyes. They blinked and squirmed a little, but there was no crying at all! I did this method in the morning and last night and am extremely happy they don't have to go through the trauma we inflicted on them previously. Sigh... I am such a genius. ;) Hehehehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment