Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chelsea's Farewell

I recently returned from a quick, one night trip to Mountain Home, Idaho for my niece, Chelsea's, mission farewell. She will be serving a mission for 1 1/2 years in Honduras. She enters the MTC on March 3rd. Whoohoo! I am so excited for her and the incredible experiences she'll have! I served a mission in Argentina from '95-'97 and still think about some aspect of my mission experience every day. It is a life changing experience and I am extremely grateful I had the opportunity and that I TOOK the opportunity to serve. I love the people of Argentina so incredibly much and know that Chelsea will gain a love for the people of Honduras also.

Chelsea's farewell was wonderful - she did such a great job and let her personality shine through. She will make a great missionary and will accomplish great things.

It was a lot of fun driving down with Jessi and Mom and staying with the McKenzies. We ate at Wingers and rented some CleanFlick (edited) movies Saturday night... White Out and Public Enemy. So much fun watching movies till the wee hours of the morning! The McKenzies are a really fun bunch and I always wish they lived closer.







Rich took care of all the kids while I was gone and did a TERRIFIC job. They were alive when I came home and the house was not a disaster. :) It is too bad I don't enjoy getting away overnight more! I do NEED and look forward to getting away from the craziness having seven kids entails, BUT... in 1-5 hour increments. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment