Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Do you really want to know what I did today?

I really don't like it when people ask me what I did all day.

As much as I would love to have some incredibly exciting answer, usually when I am asked that question it has been a normal MOM day.

Wouldn't it be so exciting, however, to be able to have an answer like; "Me and the kids went skydiving into the jungles of the Amazon and had a picnic there. When the gorillas smelled our picnic and tried to join us we Tae-bo'd them away. After that we swam in the Amazon river with the boa constrictors and luckily I had my pocket knife for when one of them tried to squish Joshy..." Well, you get the picture.

My normal MOM day answer instead, would be something like this; "well, first we woke up and had breakfast and then I cleaned up breakfast and after that I changed four dirty bums and got the kids dressed. After that I cleaned up the mess the kids made while I was cleaning up the breakfast mess. Then I carpooled and made lunch and cleaned up that mess. Then I cleaned up the mess the kids made while I was cleaning up the lunch mess. Then I changed four dirty bums. Then the older kids came home from school and I supervised jobs and homework. Then I made dinner and cleaned up that mess. Then I got kids bathed and ready for bed and cleaned up the mess they made while I was cleaning up the dinner mess. Then I changed four dirty bums. What did you do today?"

And if they ever answer that they had a picnic in the Amazon with the gorillas and the boa constrictors I will be very, very jealous.

1 comment:

  1. HA! This made me laugh out loud, the whole time I was reading it. I love the "clean four dirty bums" part :)

    ReplyDelete