Saturday, November 28, 2009

Digging up Plates and Being Gooder

Now that Thanksgiving is over it's time to get ready for CHRISTMAS!!! My favorite holiday... Christmas card updates... Cinnamon smells... and the music. I love Christmas music.

Getting the Christmas stuff out today meant removing every single box from the storage under the stairs. The Christmas tree was at the very back! But get it I did and tomorrow we will set up the tree while we play Christmas music. Sigh. Doesn't it just sound lovely? I wrote 'play Christmas music' instead of 'listen to Christmas music' because with our noisy brood we probably won't hear much music at all.

Ash was gone playing with Andrea for a lot of the afternoon. I was so caught up with dinner, a sick baby, baths and bedtime that I didn't get a chance to respond to the message she left that the Huggins 'digged' her up a plate so was it okay for her to eat dinner there? I haven't had a chance to ask her what she ate... potatoes or worms?

Joshy was testing me over and over again today. Finally, at 6:30 pm, I just sent him to bed. It's just easier that way sometimes. After I got everyone else to bed I went in to snuggle with him and talk to him about things. I told him that it really frustrates me when he does things he knows he shouldn't be doing. I told him that even though I get angry sometimes, I love him no matter what. He promised me that tomorrow he's going to be a 'gooder' boy. And I need to work on being a gooder mom.

1 comment:

  1. Ash really said "digged"?! ha! And I love Joshy's comment. He's such a sweet kid.

    ReplyDelete