Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Motherhood becomes me

Motherhood becomes me. I really think it does. I think it brings out the best in me and of course it very occasionally (haha) brings out the worst.

I have seven wonderful children. Sometimes dinner gets a little crazy and I get impatient and overwhelmed with too much noise. Little things begin to set me off and I blow up when otherwise I probably wouldn't. You can compare my temperament in the morning to late afternoon and you will find that I am indeed a morning person.

A few nights ago I threw out a "you don't want to know what will happen" threat to my 7 year old daughter and 4 year old son. Someone had left markers out in reach of my 1 and 2 year old 'marker monsters'. Not good. So I throw out my threat and went about making dinner. A few minutes later a very tearful Ashley tells me she knows what I'm going to do to them. She says; "you're going to kidnap us!" She was serious.

Good job Ashley. You made my bad mood dissipate and dinner pleasantries were enjoyed... Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment